Nigerian News

We have eliminated Bello Turji deputies, says CDS

The chief of defence staff, Christopher Musa, has revealed that top commanders in the camp of notorious bandit leader Bello Turji have been eliminated.

Mr Musa disclosed this at the closing ceremony of the CDS joint task force commander conference in Abuja on Friday.

He said some of the terrorist commanders killed during operations on Thursday are Kachalla Gwammade and Kachalla Shehu.

He added that the successful military actions in Zamfara have thrown Mr Turji into a desperate scramble for escape.

“In a follow-up operation, troops advanced into Tufan and Mashima villages, further dislodging armed groups and pushing them deeper into the forest.

“In a symbolic strike against banditry, the security forces also returned to the once-cleared area of Bello Turji. The remaining portions of his camp, previously targeted in past offensives, were obliterated in a final suit to erase his presence from the region.

“Reports indicate that both Turji and Sani Black are now in this area desperately seeking escape routes as the pressure mounts.

The defence chief said the security forces had sent a strong message to all armed groups in the country that the era of impunity is over.

“For years, bandits, terrorists, and criminals have exploited the difficult terrain within our country, creating well-fortified hideouts and lodging deadly raids on communities,” he said.

“However, with the current operations gaining momentum, the tide appears to be turning as troops start their drip, and air assaults continue precision strikes. Special forces from the land, the maritime, and the air are working assiduously to ensure that we secure the entire nation.”

He assured that the military would sustain its momentum until all terrorist factions are neutralised.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button